WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

May 27, 2009

DOWNLOADING KEITH-2

Stage 1 Stage 2

Stage 3


Stage 4

I'm not sure where I'm going with this painting, or rather, where it's taking me.

We all know what he looks like now, but I prefer to paint the '70's look. More than likely it's the late 60's. I used to paint to their music sometimes, and Ravi Shankar for those trance-like non-thinking painting times.
I don't have him right yet. Its always the eyes, the "windows to the soul" . I thought of "The Portrait of Dorian Grey", where he stayed young and the portrait aged.
I'll probably put this away for a little while and start something else. A change-off, a back and forth, gets me out of the visual rut.
It's reached the Stop and Listen stage. I'll post changes again, later.
Meanwhile I'll be taking the Stones to Montauk via this blog, where I'll get a chance to have truth meet fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment