WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

May 25, 2009

DOWNLOADING KEITH

Ordinarily I don't take photos as I go along. For one, it makes me too self-conscious of the painting procedure, and two, I don't want to look back and think "it was better yesterday". That happens sometimes, maybe because there's more promise in something about to take place. And sometimes I just prefer the drawing stage of a painting.
This is from a small photo found on the internet, (thank you Google Images) ,obviously taken a long time ago. With no attribution available to the photographer, sorry.
The canvas is 32" x 24", stretched raw linen, gessoed, and started out as a horizontal landscape with a pink ground color. The image was graphed up as a guide. And the medium used is fluid acrylics, so far.

KR......Stage 1

KR......Stage2

KR......Stage 3

UNFINISHED-STAY TUNED



7 comments:

  1. Love all the pattern played against the strong face!! I do like the effects in stage 2 also -- it conveys the sense of something recalled from memory -- a bit hazy in the details, but clear in the central character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding. I learn so much just looking at what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing process!I enjoy watching the development of your fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. What a pleasure to get feedback from other artists, especially ones I respect.It was part of why my first post was Isolation.Nice to know that geography isn't destiny.
    On the practical side, I was advised by my daughter to research turning that cigarette into a joint. Good heavens! Could it be that she knows the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work. So glad to have found your blog from R.'s link. I really like seeing works in progress. I'm finding the blog community really helps w/feeling isolated in the studio--it's like having studio visits and companionship with artists from around the world. The work on your web site is incredible, too. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. and yes it really is a community.
    There was a time when I didn't want to share a work in progress,or my sources, but I do like seeing how others work, so ....
    I come from a time of ignorance. The public. And some teachers.You were either supposed to only work from your head (even if empty)or from life.Which had a tendency to move.
    Sorry, I'm ranting. Will get to that stuff later on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...a lovely rant in progress and I couldn't agree more (re: public, some teachers, life, etc.).

    Rant on!

    ReplyDelete