WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

May 13, 2009

FUN WITH VERMEER


Most of you are familiar with Vermeers' self portrait.

Many of you may know that he had eleven children.
I wondered if he ever took a vacation from those two rooms?

So I thought I'd bring the family to Long Island for the summer, preferably an inexpensive motel in Montauk, the nearby Hamptons being pricier, what with eleven children and a few servants, one just to pour the milk.
So...
















I proceeded to do a painting titled "J.Vermeer Spends the Summer in Montauk". Oil on canvas-50 x 38"

This was many years ago, the painting was in a few shows, but it seemed like a dead end. I wanted to explore the vacation concept further, so took him into the darkroom. (If Photoshop was around then, I wasn't aware of it)

To be continued........................................................


2 comments:

  1. I've always loved "Summer in Montauk". Used to spend quite sometime on the staircase in Morrison, staring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RGb. The painting is in good hands isn't it?
    If I had it to do over, I'd put jet contrails in.
    It(The Walking Dunes area) was under the flight path of the arriving Concord.
    Broke the sound barrier every morning at 9:40

    ReplyDelete