WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Jun 17, 2009

DEATH BENEFITS


Found on Google Images, no origin available



That about sums it up, doesn't it?

I had this pinned to my cork board for a long time. If you're prone to over-analyzing and lint-picking, artwise, it simplifies things.

I was once asked by someone who had recently bought a painting, if it was true that an artists work becomes more valuable after his/her death.

After a long pause, like Jack Benny's bit, "Your Money or Your Life", I was still groping for the right words. Its not always easy being diplomatic. I wish I could remember what I said.


Does anyone have a good reply ?



2 comments:

  1. It's a bit like buying land..."they ain't making any more of it".
    A paintings value to me is the pleasure I get when looking at it.
    Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb...hahahahahaha. I do like things short and sweet.
    You said it.

    ReplyDelete