WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Jul 23, 2009

HAIR

I try to avoid most reality shows. It seems that they're thriving on what used to be the subject matter of artists, now the foundation of television, The Seven Deadly Sins. Plus the ability to effortlessly reproduce, which should be the Eighth. I call it littering, big time.
Be that as it may, I have a weakness for Makeover shows. If I was given a week in Manhattan, $5000 to spend on clothes for moi, and a haircut by a guy (I'm also a sucker for a cockney accent) who usually charges $500 to $800, would I blubber when some hair fell on the floor? It'll never grow again? It's spun of gold? What? Even Hercules didn't cry.
To get to the point here, I remembered taking my teenage girls, they were only a year apart, to Sassoons on Fifth Ave (Madison?) for a classy haircut. All of $25 each. Well, it was a long time ago.
I've painted them a dozen times over the years, but I loved the shape of that particular haircut, so I had to paint them again.
JEAN 16x20" Acrylic (c) Margery Caggiano

DORIS 16x20" Acrylic (C) Margery Caggiano

The painting of Doris was in the Nat'l Competition, MAX:24 at Perdue University. It's now in her sisters possession. Unfortunately, I lost track of whoever bought the painting of Jean.

4 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with your evaluation of TV.
    I also would not balk at a makeover and free shopping in NYC.

    Ahhh the memories of that hairdo!
    Your girls are gorgeous.
    Your paintings quite lovely and the expressions especially teenage.

    And now you got me humming"Hair".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls, both. Everytime I look at your portraits I wish I'd stuck to painting people and gotten good at it. As always, your art drops my jaw in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful portraits. Wonderful technique and I like the palette of soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou all.I must confess that these paintings go back a long way, but I don't think it matters.
    If only I could make a living at it.....

    ReplyDelete