WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Jul 25, 2009

SHE'S BAACK

NO MORE! I'M DONE! I'M FINISHED! THAT'S IT!
(well,maybe a little bit more to do on the hair)
THE REDHEAD 16x20 Oil /Acrylic on Linen (c) Margery Caggiano
Above is the last image posted
What I should not have done, was put it on my web page.
Even knowing I have to live with a painting.
Sometimes it only takes a day or two, sometimes a month or more.
I decided that the background was contrived and unnecessary.
Besides, I had wanted to paint her before I knew who she was.
I was in the audience at an event held at The Parrish Museum in Southampton, NY. About 10 years ago I think. It was to be a talk and slide show by Christo and Jeanne Claude about the Gates project in Central park. As the audience filed in, an apparition appeared.
Wow. Would I love to paint her!
She kept walking and went to the stage. Well well well.
Back to the painting and my original MO, which is usually to isolate the figure -aren't we all-and not tell a story. In her case, I felt that she could handle the color.

7 comments:

  1. She back,and better!
    A powerful painting.
    I LOVE the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the solid background much better...great choice and the color is fantastic next to that wonderful shock of red hair and her blue jacket. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bobbie and Gwen. Just goes to show that you should follow your gut and not your brain.
    Or start with your brain and then....well never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow is right! Stunning.... just marvelous. Love that hair and you did right with that perfect complimenting background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are getting such nice colors that sets such a nice mood in your work.
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sheila and Cowboy. What helped was finishing the painting in oils, it softened her face and added some light.

    ReplyDelete