WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Jul 11, 2009

SILLY PAINTING PART 2

Like a dog with a bone, there are some paintings that I can't leave alone. For better or for worse I returned to Greenport Lions and tortured it some more. Below is from my first post, Part 1.

GREENPORT LIONS Stage 3

Sometimes you have to back up and re-focus. When I remembered that the lions that I photographed on Main Street were white, and neighborhood icons, I changed the values. One of the advantages of a small painting is that it will fit on my scanner.GREENPORT LIONS Stage 4 7x10" (c) Margery Caggiano
Adding to the confusion was a recent comment that suggested I put Bo behind the screen door.
Absolutely right.
BO & FRIENDS photo by Margery Caggiano
Which reminded me of my own lions.
But for now
I"M OUTA HERE




2 comments:

  1. very nice blog. Love your art and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gary.
    Naturally, I googled you.
    Son of a gun.
    margery

    ReplyDelete