WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Jul 7, 2009

TORTOISE

Moving from Nassau County, NY- to The Springs, in East Hampton was a pretty exciting time, for me especially. Since I only like to drop one name at a time, I won't tell you who was living two doors away while fighting the town of East Hampton for permission to build a studio in a residential area nearby. However, across the street was the Green River Cemetery, and aside from the usual suspects, there was the unfortunate Jackson Pollock under a huge stone. Big rocks for monuments became the In Thing after that, and real estate in the Green River Cemetery became highly desirable for those that could afford to spend eternity in the world of art.
http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous.php?FScemeteryid=64703&page=cem
Meanwhile, our son, who couldn't care less, was collecting turtles in our back yard and labeling them with a marking pen. (Names? Numbers? Latitude&Longitude?)
With the help of our border cat.


KITZEL Photo by Margery Caggiano


BILLY Photo by Margery Caggiano


Photo by Margery Caggiano

I did my part in my own way. This is oil on Masonite, mounted on a board that I cut to fit in an antique tortoise, what else, frame I found.


TORTOISE Oil on Board 5x7"plus frame (c)Margery Caggiano



No comments:

Post a Comment