WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Aug 31, 2009

MORE MURALS

GULL Acrylic Mural by Margery Caggiano

The last post was of our main bath mural; all four walls were painted even though few photos have survived. This mural was done first, and was in our half-bath. It too survives as far as I know. The only mural I've done over the years that deteriorated to a point where it had to be painted over, was done on a plaster wall, rather than primed sheetrock as these two bathrooms were. This photo was from a slide, unfortunately done on a sunny day.

Christopher Street Magazine Photography by Robert Giard

This bath, like my last post, was also used as a background for my friends photographs. The background used on the photo on the left was a 4x6 ft (oil) painting I had done of a sky and clouds. It was in my studio, so Bob (Giard) placed me in my wicker chair in front of it, and took the photo. And named it "Woman Sunning".

These photos were used in an article about him, and his photography, in Christopher Street Magazine.

2 comments:

  1. very interesting. Great story on the nudes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nudes.But of the third world, oh well.

    ReplyDelete