WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Sep 29, 2009

EM PORTRAIT FINISHED

EM Oil on Linen 18 x 14

The first stages were painted in acrylic (see below), and the final stage was refined using oils. I changed her (faux) raccoon collar to a (faux) silver fox so that it wouldn't be confused with her hair. I have a few minor details to bring out yet, the zipper for instance, but will wait until it's dry.
EM is her nickname, and her initials, and this is how I see her.


EM Acrylic on stretched linen
This is partway through the painting, blogged as "Portrait in Progress, Sept 7

4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, as is the painting, Margery. I like the mood established by the low key, almost monochromatic palette and placement on the canvas. It conveys a quiet intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! You're the caliber of portrait artist I want to become when I 'grow up'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cathyann. The intelligence part-moi? :] or the subject.
    And Sheila thanks. If you've been a forensic face artist, you have the eye.

    ReplyDelete