WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Sep 13, 2009

PORTRAIT FINISHED

FRIENDS Oil on Linen 26 x 20" Margery Caggiano

This is my daughter Jean on the left, a fine artist in her own right, and her longtime friend Bobbie. Way back when.
I have a habit of working close to the edges, which doesn't bother me - we are all fond of our habits - but it dictates the use of a floater frame. If a frame at all.
I don't like to intrude on the painting with a copyright notice, but I'm finding out how many images are scooped out of Google's search. That's show biz

2 comments:

  1. You need to protect your work. Scruggs who steal for their own purposes don't deserve a spot on my bottom of my shoe. Lovely portrait. Lovely daughter! I'll bet this is magnificent in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila, I like your blog, by the way, and I like the way you paint.
    As far as copying, there's no way you can protect your work.I've been copied before, and usually know who it is. I consider anyone that copies and claims it as their own work, to be a total loser.
    Picasso said "bad artists copy, good artists steal" He should know.

    ReplyDelete