WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Sep 24, 2009

WILD THANG

STAR Original Photo- 72 k
This is a candid snapshot of a lovely Irish Setter.
I had previously painted a puppy (Emily) using a low resolution email for reference. I've painted a lot of things over the years, but never dogs. I wanted to see if I could do what I considered an interesting challenge. Even if I could get an animal to sit for a portrait, hardly likely, I would undoubtedly get lost in the detail.

WILD THANG 32 x 24 Acrylic on Linen (c)Margery Caggiano
So .........my preference for working from photos has enabled me to tackle subjects that would otherwise be impossible, seagulls for instance.
Unlike Audubon. I'd really rather not kill them in order to paint them.

1 comment:

  1. This is very striking. I like the touches of blue to set off the reddish coat and usng the leash lead in is a clever use of negative space! I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete