WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Oct 31, 2009

BIRTHDAY

Stage 1

Stage 2


Stage 3 Lisa and Will Oil on Linen 18 x 24

This one was, is, a challenge. The source was a 328 kb email I received. The lighting was hospital , and it may have been taken with a phone. ( Will wonders never cease)
Being a glutton for punishment, I decided to give it a shot.
It was drawn in with thinned acrylic paint, and a then a general wash. I tried a very dark background but didn't like it. So I sanded it and broke out the oil paint. Stage 2 is oil paint, and I still didn't like the background. Blech.
At that point I put it away and spent a week on Tilghman Island, my last blog. It hasn't been easy to get back to normal, whatever that is.
And now, for better or for worse, I've fallen in love with a mongoose brush that's angled.
I don't do advertising, so I'm free to pan or promote.
I found a source for brushes in the UK. They make their own brushes, almost unheard of these days. And it's the only source that I know of that makes mongoose brushes that are angled.
Rosemary and Company. http://www.rosemaryandco.com/
Keep in mind that the prices are in pounds, and there is shipping. Google is handy for converting currency. They have a catalog of course, a necessity for the details that aren't online.
I'll post the next stage in a few days, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment