WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Oct 3, 2009

NORA, ALMOST

NORA Stage 2 18 x 14 Acrylic on Canvas

NORA Stage 1

I decided pretty early on to use the turtleneck sweater as a slash of bright color. I converted the photo to gray scale on Photoshop so that I wouldn't be tempted to stay with what she was wearing. It also enabled me to experiment somewhat. Her jacket was originally burgundy, but the design works better in white or a light color.
I thought it would be easier to get a resemblance using a profile, it usually is, but not this time. Or not yet anyhow. If nothing else, I hope I can do her justice.
To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment