WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Nov 24, 2009

HARRIS

HARRIS ONISKO 10" x 8" Oil on Canvas (c)Margery Caggiano

I've come to the conclusion, like I didn't know, that painting feels better than not painting. You can walk away. You can run, but you can't hide. You can complain, you can give it up and decide that there has to be something out there that doesn't cause so much angst. I walked away from the Art World for 20 years for a lot of reasons, some personal, some I couldn't define.
In retrospect, I had become good enough to know I wasn't good enough.
But there came a time when I needed to retrieve that lost limb, there had been too many real-time losses to deal with.
So my attitude has become ****** I yam what I yam.
I'll always whine and complain, that's the New York legacy.
While I'm at it, how come, with all of the talent out there, is one of the better few seconds on TV is a talking pothole? Frustrated with TV, I took myself to the movies last week, got some popcorn that cost more than the movie, put my earplugs in, and watched the world end.
Ahhhhh, that's better.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, as well as the previous ones. It's been too long since I've come by!

    ReplyDelete