WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Nov 18, 2009

HOW TO RECOGNIZE AN ARTIST FROM FAR FAR AWAY

ARTIST 1
My last blog was about a painting I did (Cecily), using as a reference one of the photos I took last year at the Love Lane Gallery. There is no wasted film with a digital camera, so for me there is rarely pre-planning. It's useful for recording an event, a landscape, a seagull, paintable people.
I left the camera on auto and flash,-it was evening.
Anyhow, a few days ago I took a closer look at my photo files from that opening. (Technically, it was an auction). I enlarged the photo above, saw something interesting, lightened the photo, and got a little extra. Well well well.
ARTIST 2
I also saw that she had been wearing sunglasses.
In case she wanted to attend incognito?

2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't know. It was crowded,I got distracted and never met her.

    ReplyDelete