WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Nov 22, 2009

MIKE

MIKE ONISKO.... 10" x 8" .... Oil on Canvas .... (c) Margery Caggiano

I'm calling this series of 8x10 portraits "oil sketches"....Trying to get the essence of a person without doing a highly finished painting. This was done from a photo sent via email, on gallery wrapped canvas. I'm currently accepting commissions for this size, unframed, from your photo. Cost is $195, for this size only. The photo can be black and white, and even somewhat out of focus. Obviously, the higher the resolution, the better. Some candids "get" a person, whether alone or in a crowd.
But teeth, however sweet the smile, don't make a good painting. Nor will I, or should I, use a professional photographers studio portrait.

If I don't think I can do a good job I'll tell you. No charge.


CECILY (Gallery Opening)....Original 1.2 MB photo .....(c) Margery Caggiano

CECILY... Oil on Canvas ...10" x 8"..(c)Margery Caggiano

The painting can be seen in her gallery on Love Lane, in Mattituck LI

4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous painting of Mike.
    Wonderful talent displayed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie.His brother is the next post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great portraits, great price. I'll have to save up my pennies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't mail all those pennies, whatever you do.
    Have you ever done a self portrait? You should, you have great bone structure.

    ReplyDelete