WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Nov 10, 2009

SHE DOESN"T KNOW MUCH ABOUT ART BUT..

yes, she knows what she likes

THE INNOCENT EYE Mark Tansey 1981
I think the original of this painting is at the Met. Since I've been blogging about cows, I remembered it.

Actually one of the first paintings I saw and loved, was on a high school trip to the Metropolitan. It was a landscape by John Constable, with you guessed it, cows.

John Constable: ”Wivenhoe Park, Essex” (1816)
I found this image on Google, thankyou.

The bad news is that it was used as an illustration for a german treatise on "foot and mouth disease". We all know that it's Hoof and Mouth disease, don't we?

My Back Yard, Oct. Photo (c) Margery Caggiano


The landscape I currently live in is much like this, except that they're Black Angus.
Beeves.
And then there are the traffic cops

GREENPORT LI Photo (c) Margery Caggiano

All together now, "mammeries, all alone in the moonlight........


2 comments:

  1. I am rolling on the floor laughing with this one, Margery...
    ..honestly, the last line was funny.
    And what a gorgeous view you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think, from now on you won't be able to hear that lovely song and think of Cats.
    And yes,great views here,but still,the ocean calls..

    ReplyDelete