WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Jan 5, 2010

PORTRAIT OF A LADY

This photo was all I had to work with, but I like challenges.
The painting was intended to be a surprise Christmas gift, and I didn't have a lot of time, which can be a good thing.
And because of the lack of detail, I kept it soft and loose, an impression if you will.
I was told by a pleased family that this is how she was remembered.ELSIE LINDNER 7" x 5" Oil on Linen (C) Margery Caggiano

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully rendered, Margery! You picked up a softness in her countenance that must have pleased the family to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really did come out great. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you CA and Gary.It was a challenge for me to work that small and not get hung up on detail. I think it was better for that in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and sensitive portrait. Has a wonderful ethereal quality.

    Happy New Year - Hope the next 10 (plus) are tops :-D

    ReplyDelete