WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Apr 26, 2010

MOVING ALONG

It's been just about a year since I started this blog, and I think it's time to take a sabbatical.
I don't know for how long, or if anyone will be here when I get back. The photo above sums up my mood.
I started this blog annoyed by yesterdays NY Times article about Alice Neel's show. The writer, in an effort to look informed and au courant, used too much space on a few minor but contemporary (NY) portrait painters. For instance, Elizabeth Peyton, who couldn't touch Alice Neel with a 10 foot paintbrush. Not her fault, but still.
I think I need to paint.
A week later : May 1
For the first time, I've gone back and heavily edited this blog that has bothered me, that I didn't want to leave online. Everyone has bad days, bad weeks, bad years; why inflict petty annoyances, if that's what they are, on others?
I've spent the last few weeks living with a Marathon of Music- Ken Burns' brilliant (but not always accurate) documentary on Jazz, via Netflix. Music is powerful stuff, and the CDs, taken from the beginning, and in sequence-flooded me with memories of times and places and people starting with my childhood . Nostalgic? Sure. Sad? That too.

5 comments:

  1. i think you have cabin fever.
    It's been a long winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, painting is a good idea. Be good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I agree that the Times article stinks...fischl? a portrait artist? please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just flailing around in my cage .....

    ReplyDelete