WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Apr 7, 2012

PAINT YOUR PET

For anyone who paints, or wishes they could, this is a workshop for like minded people.
The Academy Art Museum, Easton, MD
The dates are Sat May 5th and 12th, 10-3 Bring Lunch. Music. Coffee tea and me.
Any level of expertise, or none at all . Any medium that you're comfortable with.
Why paint a landscape, or a still life when you can paint something you love?
You may love a fetching landscape, but when it comes to fetching, what better than a dog.?
(You can teach a cat to fetch but trust me, it pisses them off.)
Does a landscape adore you? Follow you around? Sleep with you?
Better yet, when it comes to a portrait of your pet, no one will say
"There's something wrong with the mouth".
I remember every cat or dog that I've had in my life, but never hung their picture on the wall, even if I had one.
I recently repainted my beloved Bo, and find it a comforting, rather than an upsetting reminder.
See earlier blog The Perfect Cat
BO  R.I.P.       24x18  Oil on Linen     Copyright Margery Caggiano

1 comment: