WELCOME

This will be about my views on what it takes to put a three dimensional world onto a two dimensional surface. With a lot of digressing.
Don't forget to leave a comment, or a question if you have one, below the post. Thanks.

Margery

Dec 13, 2012

PARKING LOT ART

In this case, paving paradise was a good thing for me. 
It was Paint St Michaels, Oct. 2011. An excuse to get myself out of the studio and take to the streets.
I did some driving around and nothing did it for me. I turned, (who me? walk?) behind a realtors' building and got roundly told off by a dog on the roof next door.
well well well she said

BACK LOT DOG    12x16   oil on board    Margery Caggiano
There's a lot to be said for being able to sit under the hatch-back of a car and paint.
There was a competition involved, but I didn't enter it for a lot of reasons.To close to home was one.
Mostly, I knew that it was not an acceptable "plein air" painting and it was too new a subject for me.
It's hard to explain how you sometimes want to sit on a painting and not show it. 
My intuition was on the mark. I did submit it to a few other competitions later and was rejected.
So here he is again, I presume a male-all bark and not a lot of bite.

WOOF   8x10  oil on canvas   Margery Caggiano






No comments:

Post a Comment